YouBeat is a music Promotion&Sharing community based in Italy.
We are a young group united by our passion for music.
Hereunder are listed some questions asked by our artists to Pep & Rash, dutch fast-rising duo included in the Spinnin’ Records roster.
After the hit “Fatality”, their latest single “Rumors” is climbing the charts. _____________________________________________________________________________
– Gamuel: WHEN DID YOU START PRODUCING MUSIC?
Pep: I started making 2-step, techno and hiphop in Logic when I was 12 years old (14 years ago). It sounded wack but that was just the beginning haha! When I was 14 I learned working with FL Studio, that made a huge difference in my sound and it evolved with every year.
Rash: I started producing five years ago making latin house.
– DYSTOPIA: WHY THE NAME “PEP &RASH”?
Pep: Pep stands for Dr. Pepper, which was my favorite drink when I was young. Everybody in school called me ‘Pepper’ or ‘Pep’.
Rash: Well… it is a short version of my name he? Haha!
– Warkids: WHAT/WHO INSPIRED YOU FOR “RUMORS”? WHICH GENRE WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL IN 2015?
All kinds of music inspire us (classical music, Moroccan music, tech house, deep house etc.), and that goes for all our tracks. We think deep combined with mainstream will be the most powerful in 2015…
– Giuseppe Lopex: DO YOU HEAR “RUMORS” IN YOUR MINDS?
Yes, all day haha!
– Kharfi: WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW DEEP/FUTURE HOUSE IMPRINT?
We actually don’t follow anything, we just make what we love and combine many genres in one. It’s probably the combination of deep and mainstream sounds that’s made Rumors such a success. There’s heavy, mainstage elements as well as a sexy, groovy sound that also reminds a bit of underground house music. Which is ideal for festivals mainstages but also clubs and radio shows. I think this blend of sounds is coming up more and more, the housey vibes are coming back again, and we’re happy to be part of it!
– Hozones: DO YOU THINK SOCIAL NETWORKS ARE IMPORTANT TO GROW AS ARTISTS NOWADAYS?
Yes, it’s very important. People always stay up to date if they follow an artist on his social networks. And it’s a much more personal way of connecting with you audience. So yeah, it’s cool for us!
– Cava: WHICH SEQUENCER DO YOU USE AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE IT IN PARTICULAR?
FL Studio. It’s easy to use and it works very smooth!
– VARX: WHICH ARE THE BEST MOMENTS OF THE DAY FOR PRODUCING?
There isn’t really a best moment, inspiration can come anytime, everywhere… Sometimes you have it, sometimes you
– DopeSquad: ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP YOUR DEEP HOUSE STYLE OR WILL YOU TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT? WHICH OTHER GENRES DO YOU LIKE?
Our music will evolve with time. We love genres like tech house, latin house and deep house as well as Moroccan music, classical music etc. So anything could happen!
– Mavil: FEBRUARY 7th IS GOING TO BE YOUR FIRST 2015 ITALIAN DATE TO K-Klass; WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HOMETOWN DATES AND FOREIGN ONES IN TERMS OF THE CROWD AND THE ATMOSPHERE?
Every crowd has a different atmosphere and that’s a great thing! Sometimes you have to work hard to get the party going, other times it’s a party right from the start. What we’ve heard is Italians love to go crazy on the dance floor, so it promises to be a real cool party! We’re excited to play in K-Klass, looking forward to play there! _____________________________________________________________________________
YouBeat thanks Spinnin Records, Pep&Rash and K-Klass for this interview _____________________________________________________________________________
IG: @YouBeatMusic ￼